COESI is a not-for-profit association of civil society organisations established in 2004.
What COESI do?
- conduct research and disseminate information on key findings of educational policies, legislations, practices, and outcomes;
- undertake advocacy and conduct awareness-raising campaigns to promote access to quality relevant education for all the people of Solomon Islands, especially for disadvantaged groups;
- participate in official forums, consultations, and public debates on education;
- conduct workshops and training activities for members, and other CSOs to increase awareness of education policy issues and to strengthen research, analytical, writing and advocacy skills;
- liaise, and enter into arrangements, with individuals and with government and CSOs (at the local, provincial, national, regional, and international levels).